I’m a Ph.D. candidate at MIT CSAIL, advised by Professor David Sontag in the Clinical Machine Learning group. My research focuses on robust machine learning for real-world problems, particularly healthcare and fairness.
You can reach me at iychen [at] mit [dot] edu or on Twitter.
The Disparate Impacts of Medical and Mental Health with AI.
Irene Y. Chen, Peter Szolovits, Marzyeh Ghassemi.
AMA Journal of Ethics, February 2019.
Sources of Unfairness in Intensive Care Unit Mortality Scores.
Irene Y. Chen, Fredrik D. Johansson, David Sontag.
Women in Machine Learning Workshop at NeurIPS 2017.
At Harvard, I was awarded the Derek Bok Center Certificate of Distinction in Teaching for outstanding teaching evaluations. I served on the teaching staff of the following Harvard classes:
- Algorithms and Data Structures, Jelani Nelson
- Microeconomic Theory, Ed Glaeser
- Multivariable Calculus, Evelyn Hu and Avi Shapiro
- Differential Equations, Margo Levine and Avi Shapiro
- Linear Algebra and Real Analysis I, Paul Bamberg
- Linear Algebra and Real Analysis II, Paul Bamberg